Correct every travel team eventually becomes about the money, people and their status, and winning. Do they really care about getting kids being recruited? Maybe, I think there are some among the ranks that genuinely care about players. However, there are many that could care less and once they are done with you goodbye. Youth sports is a business. The idea of having positive memories and reliving them for future generations is almost dead. This is just a reality. Why I comment on this. I just read a story on a local kid who was a top 3 pick in the country, student MIAA player, D1 recruit to a top 5 team, started as a freshman, failed out, went to a mid level D1 school didn't play/make the team, and is now at a D3 school hoping to play. He was a DHB, everyone pushed for sports success because he was bigger, stronger, and faster. What is there to show for it? not sure. Wish this kid the best of luck and he finds his way. Yes I know there are so many kids that have had great success on and off the field. However there are just as many like this player. A little skills (Field and Life) development even in high School will go a long way.