Originally Posted by Anonymous
3D New England red New 2026 #1

Ranking data is messed up. Laxachusetts has 95 rating which would put them in 6th, but they are not on the list. I think Laxachussets has more like a 90 rating, then redoing the math and 3D not even in top 20

If it is like myhockeyrankings.com. you need a minimum of games, like 5, before you even show up on the list. On top of that, the list refreshes once a week, on Saturdays. So new games won't be reflected in the rankings until that weekly update. Games this past weekend, that show up, don't count until the whole thing is recalculated. 3d NE Red is the current #1 based on the data submitted. But there is a loss on their schedule that will show up in the rankings on Saturday. Whether it is enough to drop them, don't know. These ratings will change a lot initially then become more stable as more games are added into the alogrithm. Myhockeyrankings.com is the gold standard in youth and high school hockey. It is truly objective and is purely data driven. That is why colleges use data driven systems to determine rankings, like RPI, instead of subjective opinions of "so-called experts". If you don't like the results, win more games, with better differentials. Simple.

I am okay with the data drive approach but the guy running the rankings should have some basic math and data skills which, based on what I can tell, he is lacking. Maybe the MyhockeyRanking should take this over.