Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade varsity lacrosse coaches are really a disgrace......The conflicts with Express are unconscionable. Year after year, the coaches shamelessly use the Chaminade brand to market Express and then penalize kids viewed as disloyal to the enterprise. The coaches do next to nothing to get kids recruited....unless you are an elite player for Express and/or come from a legacy family or went to school with one of the coaches. Everyone else is on their own, regardless of skill. The talent funnel is re-filled to the B every single year with dozens of strong players coming in. The coaches sit back, count the money and convince themselves that the program's success is all due to their brilliance.

I never understood what the huge draw to playing Lax was. Ok, maybe a kid is afforded a chance to attend a so-called "great academic school," but in all reality, what type of degree program will the kid pursue? Medical (Research), law, pharmaceutical, to name a few, considering playing college lax is a full-time job. Sad to say, this sport is extremely overrated and overpriced at the youth level. To the very wealthy, the cost of youth lax, private [ChillLaxin].S., followed by the Great Academic school, is a drop in the bucket. But to everyday working family living comfortably here on L.I., it's a stretch. In that regard, I truly believe the parents are the driving force behind their kids playing this sport, and many will go to no end financially chasing the office water cooler lax conversation about their kid. Maybe because of their prior shortcomings in sports and/or other areas in life. Lastly, my kid is in his junior year at Chaminade. As a parent who makes a comfortable living here on L.I., I didn't drink the Express potion $$ entering his freshman year. [ChillLaxin].S. Lax will end next year, and my kid will pursue a lucrative career field at a good school.