Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are they doing it so early this year?
it's ridiculous it interferes with football

It would interfere with football if it was in early Sept too.
shouldn't interfere with football at all. thats the point. I coach lacrosse as well as football and I can tell you one thing if any of my kids start missing multiple practices between August and September because they're skipping my practice for lacrosse I'll definitely be refunding their parents money and telling them go play lacrosse all year round and get burnt out. that's awesome.....lax all year round......great idea.....watch how many kids in the near future will be quitting lacrosse by the time they're in school. it's total over kill. stop dreaming of scholarships mommies and daddies.....there are thousands that play sports in their youth and in school till exhaustion......and few and far between are given a full ride or any ride at all. many of you will be sitting in the stands in a few years at some division three college watching your kid's game thinking to your selves I wonder what those old travel coaches ever did with my two grand.....put it towards a boat?.....a luxury car?.....a family vacation?......and what are you doing?......sitting on the rickety bleachers watching your kid play lacrosse for some D3 school no one's ever heard of that gave him maybe a $750 Grant to play. yay!!

Long Island football is notoriously terrible. The concussion data is terrifying. You have football legends admitting they would never let their kids play football. I will take the great academic d3 school anyway.

Btw, you sound like a meathead idiot.
YOU'RE THE IDIOT! first of all long island football isn't notoriously terrible. and don't give me the Texas line. it's obviously not Texas. and our football doesn't compare. why don't you go watch a few high school football games this season or go watch stony brook....tell me how terrible it is. and as for the concussions.....pssst I have a secret for u....they've been around forever.....and I got two bad ones playing lacrosse in a men's league two years ago. people are shying away from football like the plague. funny I played football and lax my while life. I'm 37.....played football in college pla yes lax in high school and in a men's league....only concussions I've ever had was from lacrosse. And btw you sound like a typical lacrosse mommy or daddy....probably a mommy.

Ahhh now I got it. "Football" in college. Bush league or intramural for sure. Lax in high school? So obvious you're a giant meathead who picked up a lax stick bc your terrible football coach told you to.