Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are they doing it so early this year?
it's ridiculous it interferes with football

It would interfere with football if it was in early Sept too.
shouldn't interfere with football at all. thats the point. I coach lacrosse as well as football and I can tell you one thing if any of my kids start missing multiple practices between August and September because they're skipping my practice for lacrosse I'll definitely be refunding their parents money and telling them go play lacrosse all year round and get burnt out. that's awesome.....lax all year round......great idea.....watch how many kids in the near future will be quitting lacrosse by the time they're in school. it's total over kill. stop dreaming of scholarships mommies and daddies.....there are thousands that play sports in their youth and in school till exhaustion......and few and far between are given a full ride or any ride at all. many of you will be sitting in the stands in a few years at some division three college watching your kid's game thinking to your selves I wonder what those old travel coaches ever did with my two grand.....put it towards a boat?.....a luxury car?.....a family vacation?......and what are you doing?......sitting on the rickety bleachers watching your kid play lacrosse for some D3 school no one's ever heard of that gave him maybe a $750 Grant to play. yay!!