Originally Posted by Anonymous
I pray my daughter gets moved down. You saw first hand who will be playing and who will not in crunch time. 10 very deserving young ladies who should have played in those games sat. I want my daughter to play not sit the bench, she works really hard in the backyard everyday. I will be perfectly happy with her playing a lot on Jones. That's how she will get better.. not staying on the blue team and sitting or playing in garbage time. She will be a much happier and better player for it. Jones will also have a very good team with 5-6 girls being moved down from Curcio. I heard that team played well this weekend with no coach and girls from the other YJ2020 teams.

Same thing happened last summer on 2018 Blue. A few girls would would get 2-4 minutes in in tough games. In other games some got zero time. But the parents will say - "My daughter is on Blue and we won XYZ tournament." Yes your daughter is on Blue, she did not win the tournament, the other girls who actually played won the tournament.

I will have to go with the masses on this one, Curcio blew it you cant preach team team team and a hold on a second just not when it counts and I am a YJ parent just not on this team. I can see if there was an oversight and one kid got lost in the shuffle but 10. Did they at least win the game and tournament?

No dog in this fight, it doesn't sound like previous posters were asking for equal playing but if previous posts are accurate and 8-10 kids did not play a single second YJ 2020 Curcio coach got it wrong. Yes, they lost the game in question.

Funny, not that long ago it was all over this thread how great Curcio's team is: everyone plays, they pass the ball, etc. Funny how a fall game makes everyone change their tune.

several kids did not play in TG game either