Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Now that I nderstand your loyalties to legacies, how do you explain preference for outsiders over kids on your second and third teams who have been working hard for years to get a shot at making your top team?

When you put a new outside player's name on a fall tournament roster before tryouts have even taken place, it just reeks. Maybe you thought that choosing a tournament that occurred AFTER tryouts would fool us (ie. T3 and Lax for the Cure)?

We may be silly enough to keep coming back year after year, but we are NOT fools.

Sorry Coach Rose you got this one wrong; two of my daughters have been involved with the YJ program over many years one who is already playing at a high end one school (a YJ alum) and another who has verbally committed to a another high end D1 school. My opinion and experience through the YJ process over the years is that a lot not all of the parents from the second and third teams respectively believe that their children belong on the top blue team (again it's a matter of their opinion) you (CR) and your staff have always been the deciding factor and for the most part are a pretty accurate judge of talent and ability. Now having said that if you believe that the two girls being placed on the 2020 Curcio team belong why not let them attend the tryout and then judge are you afraid they will re-up with TG. Why the daddy coach with zero back round in girls lacrosse? The only thing you have accomplished is you have undermined the 2020 Curcio coaching staff as well as the 2020 Jones staff as well as putting the new daddy assistant (Mr. K) and his back door deals in a position where he will garner NO RESPECT and put his daughter in an awkward position with her potential new team mates, all because you forgot why you (CR) started this great program. The appearance is that you have an agenda in beating down a rival BUSINESS regardless of the children and continue to line your pockets; of which a lot of that money is from the families that have been loyal to you and your organization for years. CR you are not the only one to blame everyone is free to go from organization to organization but they all would assume that their children would be trying out on even playing field no matter where that may be. I don't live with my head in the sand for all you naysayers politics may have gotten a child a closer look in the past but this really trumps all by a mile. Sleep well CR, dirty business and children don't mix well and for you Mr. K what are you teaching your children you should be ashamed of yourself, if your children have the ability they will end up on the proper ability based team you, good luck looking in the mirror and facing the parents on your new team.
Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

I too was thinking about how these 2 new 2020 girls will be received by the current YJ 2020 girls and their families. I actually feel bad that they have been put in this position, seems the easier thing would have been to go through the try out procedure like everyone else, and then put them on Curcio, if that was the deal. Sadly now no matter how talented these 2 girls (and older sibling) may be, they will never get the respect they may deserve. It will just look like another YJ F&F deal.

From the Yellow Jackets PR Department - Thank you for your interest in Long Island's only year round elite club where we never make any cuts. Unfortunatly we can not properly respond to your note because it's our off season when we direct all our Fall teams to tournaments that we run with no YJ discount on the weekends and then we count the truckloads of money we collect weekdays. It all has to counted before we have to start counting the tryout money. As you can see we are very, very busy. We hope to see you at tryouts but as you know the rosters are set before hand. If you do come to tryouts, make sure to bring a ball!
Thank you for your interest.