Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mike C. Is a brilliant coach that sees everything on the field and cares about his players and helps them whenever and however he can. He understands the lacrosse landscape better than almost anyone, is honest and straight forward with parents and kids, and you would be fortunate to have him coach and therefore help your son as he has mine. I would spend less time trying to not knock him, and spend more time trying to get your son to play for him.

I totally agree. He is brilliant in putting together teams that win. You may not like the way he does it (aka bringing in better kids than your son) but it works. My son loved being coached by him and learned a ton. Every college coach in the country calls him! He is honest with them as he is honest with you. Ask him what he thinks about your sons playing ability. But be ready for his answer because he will tell you like it is.

In Chaney's court on this. My nephew is off to the ivy league. If not for Chaney, he might be looking at lower lever D1 programs. Not to say that is a bad thing, plenty of good schools out there. But, Chaney stepped up and got my nephew in front of a ton of college coaches. His reputation as a coach and talent evaluator is what keeps the college coaches calling Chaney's number. You might not like his demeanor or delivery, but you can't argue the success of Express.

Express still places more kids in top rated schools than any other program in the country.

If you want your son to have a shot at getting into Hofstra, St. John's, Dowling...okay then, send him to 91. As far as Legacy goes, they need to build the program before it is considered a top rated club. Develop a few D1, D2 & D3 AA's, win some tournaments, etc, then make that argument.