Good, well thought out post, but the one point I disagree with you is when you say that "some of you don't like it because it adds to much importance to one position on the field. To that, the counter argument is to take a step back and look at the two or three money sports. Baseball think pitcher, football think QB or running back or WR, basketball think power forward, center, point guard." The difference I think between your example and the FOGO, is that in each of those 3 other sports, the team that was just scored upon will automatciavlly get the ball back. Obviously, this is not true in LAX. A superior FOGO will consistently win the majority of faceoffs and allow their team to keep possesion. I think the rule change is trying to somehow level the playing field for possesion (diminish teh baility for a superior FOGO to win teh majority of faceoffs), thus making the games tighter. I personally do not like the ball being stuck in the back of the stick, but if this rule were to stay unchanged, then I think there needs to be a shot clock, so that the faceoff win/possesion is made more even. I am also sure that the better FOGOs will adjust and come up with different techniques to stay on top.