Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds like it was quite a battle between these two teams over the years. One thing LI parents fail to mention (correct me if I am wrong) is that LI girls are allowed to play HS ball in 8th grade. This makes for a huge advantage going into the latter years of club lax. The earlier exposure to that kind of competition goes a long way, more than most realize until you see the strides made to the LI girls compared to MD over that one summer.

Possibly, YJ defo has won the last 4 out of 5 from MD and has won all championship tournaments they have entered in over a year including the ones MD have been at. YJ has been the best High school age 2016 team ,yes MD was the best middle school 2016 team, end of story.Curious when is last time MD won a championship tournament as I hear they have lost more times to Heroes than they have won.

Good news. All M&D teams will be at Lax for the Cure next summer so there will be another chance for some YJ vs. M&D fun.

Hopefully they set it up like this year, all best teams in 1 pool , play all teams in that pool in full games, would make it the best tournament of the summer.