Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long island lax plays on their age level or plays up sometimes. The other states have older kids on them, due to that the school cut off date is sept 1st not dec. 1st as in ny. Some parents do hold kids back and if they go to a prep school they repeat that school year over.

And you base this observation on what? I know for a fact that there are some LI girls that are held back a year as well. This excuse from LI to explain why MD is blowing past you is laughable. The Skywalkers and M&D teams may have 1 or 2 girls max that are a few months older. In fact, the 2021 M&D team had no overage girls and actually had a third grader on the team this year. Both of my son's transferred to one of the Baltimore Preps and neither was made to repeat a grade. This is a fallacy created to explain why LI is no longer the dominant lax hotbed that it once was. Guess what, neither is MD. The sport is growing so fast you go to tournaments and struggle against teams from FL, TX, NC, etc. Let the girls play and stop making excuses. Maybe the reason YJ is falling off a bit is because the parents on here are the most insane lax parents I have ever seen. Do you see any of this crap on the MD board? The infighting between the parents here is both humorous and sad. I check in from time to time to get a chuckle out of what nonsense is being thrown around. Most of which seems to be from the 2020 age down. These are 12 yr old girls or younger. Do you not realize how much these girls are going to change in the next few years? Cheer for your daughters, cheer for their YJ team. Enjoy your tournament wins(From the tourneys that M&D/Skywalkers skipped:) and stop the madness.

Are you really this ignorant. Not that hard to understand.Maryland school year cut off is earlier than LI by about 3 months so you will have more kids who were born in sept,oct,nov, dec who on LI would be playing up a year as compared to MD. Does it make that much of a difference , probably not as they get older which is backed up by the results as your 2017,2016 Skywalker and MD teams have lost to YJ way more often than they have won . YJ 2016 has beaten SW ,MD the last 7-8 times these clubs have played maybe more.

When was the last time YJ and M&D's top 2017 teams hooked-up? I really can't remember...2011 maybe. I know at 2016, YJ had a string of losses to M&D in the 2012/13 seasons. Haven't followed fall 2013 and summer 2014 too closely. Facts are your friend, present some.

2016 YJ Defo lost to MD first tournament 2013 season but has gone on to beat them the last 4 times they have played I believe and placed higher at all tournaments that both have been at when they did not face each other.All games between the two have been competitive and would say they are top two teams in the age group . As far as SW , do not believe they have ever beat YJ 2016 the handful of times they played.