Petro has two kids playing U11.
It amazes me how quiet he is at the games as a spectator as compared to the way he is coaching his Hopkins team [/quote]
Hopkins can recruit kids early, because they can get any of their top recruits in regardless if they are below average students. It has always been that way. While the majority of their players are very solid students, they can get anyone, I mean anyone in if they are a top recruit. If you want a good laugh, ask their head coach what his SAT score was when he got in. Nobody would ask, and if you did I assume you wouldn't get the truth. He was the best player at his position coming out of high school, so academic qualifications didn't matter. [/quote]

That is true. Lacrosse is the only sport that matters at Hop, and I think was and might still be the only sport they play D1 in. Hop has always been notorious for letting all academic standards waive away for the lacrosse recruits. Shockingly, Princeton was like that in the 1990s - early 2000s until the school administration said no more to Tierney. Then Tierney went to a bad academic school in a cool place to live in order to keep going at a high level. Princeton is trying to make it work with higher academic standards, but Bates has struggled and also apparently has one more year to win or else.