Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Sons2020
My 2019's are a foot taller than my 2020's....and my 2020's are a full foot taller than my 2021's. Why would you not believe that our 2019's wouldn't be a foot taller than a long island 2020??

It seems from the posts above that based on school start dates, US lax rules and a few hold backs, your starting 10 on your 2019 team are anywhere from 6 months to a year older than the average 2019 LI team. Most likely they are in line with the average 2018 team here. Understand, we parents from LI know this, yet we have our kids play your teams, we welcome the competition. We believe our kids will get better and benefit from challenging themselves while playing up in age against your older teams. My question to you is: What is the benefit to your players when you knowingly play them down against younger, smaller kids? I know they're the same "grade" but we all know the facts. Why do you drive all the way to LI to do that? Would you not want to challenge your kids at least against kids the same age and size? I'm not trying to be provocative, I just don't understand the mindset behind doing that. Do you and the parents on your team sit around and say: "wow, did you see Johnny blow by that kid from LI who was a year younger, that was awesome". Please, I know I sound sarcastic, but I'm really trying to understand what the benefit to your team is?

On youth hockey blog sites these debates don't exist...you're born in one calendar year, have to register with US Hockey and can't play without your player registration form that validates your age. There is no debate, older kids are bigger, stronger, faster, better than younger kids, that's why you're supposed to play against your own age. Someone's kid is always going to be the youngest, but the way US Lacrosse does it results in humongous age gaps and it's not just a few months difference, it could be as much as 17 months (December 2003 kid starts school with others from 2003 and plays against a kid born August 1st 2002 is 17 months older!) What a joke...