Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Liberty, you knocked off that other Long Island team in the playoffs. go 2014 liberty, Long Islands real elite

Yeah but that wasn't the "real" team. All the good players were at soccer and feild hockey games. In order for any win to be cosidered a "real win" there is a very ridgid formula to be met. If any player is absent, all bets are off. If any player has a boo boo, all bets are off, if the planets aren't lined up all bets are off. For every loss there will be an excuse. And I know not all the parents feel this way, but it is the reaction you see on the discussion boards. I just wish for once you would see someone take the high road, and pay respect to a team that beats them. I know there are rational parents out there from this organization, but they are not the ones posting and making the teams look like sore losers. Anyway, saw that you beat YJ blue in playoffs, great job.

Funny I don't see any excuses about anything! You write abrasive posts and then you blast people for responding!You want people to take the high road, yet you childishly try to provoke a reaction! It is comical. Congrats to your kids. i am sure they work hard. As for you idiots gloating, very pathetic!

You don't see excuses? Then keep reading.

How about this one:

"I bet most of the kids who committed in YJ 2013 class did not attend. That clearly leaves them at a disadvantage."

That's not an excuse?

And please look at posts throughout all categories where we see many, many more ridiculous reasons why the YJs lost.

There is a difference between excuses and facts! People react to the statements like "the 2014 liberty Black Team is the "Real" eilte team on LI" . If you make the statements you have to expect a reaction. Just like the Liberty girls, the YJ girls work their asses off to get where they are. Then they lose a game or two and you have "ADULTS" rejoicing about them losing a game. It is soooo rediculous! This is really what makes you feel happy? Again pathetic!

Where are adults rejoicing? Where do you see that? If they are, then I agree, they are fools.

Thanks for the distinction between "excuses" and "facts".

It seems like the YJs sure have a ton of exc....pardon me...."facts" every time they lose. Now that's a fact!!
Calling the Liberty the "Real Elite" team and referring to the YJ blue as the other team, is a coy way of rejoicing. BTW, I agreed that a win is a win,but when you pound your chest about it and make statements like that, people will react (with facts not speculation)to it. The bottom line is all the kids are good players and I hope the college coaches recognize Long Island as a dominant region for Girls lax. It benefits all the girls.