Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does smash avoid playing Igloo and United? Easy scedule for Smash. United scedule looks very easy too except for Playing Igloo.

My kid plays 2022 so I'm looking forward to the 5th Grade B bracket. There was a lot of chatter among Igloo, Smash, and United so will be good to see how these teams stack up against each other. TLI is MIA again.

SO playing back to back games at 7:30 against older teams in 40 degree weather is an "Easy" schedule? Bayport/Sayville gives united a run for its money, dont be surprised if they win

Smash does have the easiest schedule but regardless. I beleive smash will see united in the finals. I don't know anything about bayport, but igloo is a completely new team from last year and they will need some outdoor practice time before they can compete. Not bashing, I saw them at the hub and they have some good players, just didn't appear to jell yet. Smash and united are the 2 best 2023 teams in my opinion.

How are we judging schedules when most of these teams haven't been seen in 6 months?

Igloo had two winter teams. I would guess to probably maximize playing time in indoor. Plus, they looked just fine to me at the Havoc. And United tied the Minutemen at the Havoc. And the Minutemen played all winter and played Igloo indoor. So bend the data anyway you like this group is very competitive. I hope they all meet up at a tourney this year.