Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I nerve said Lacrosse had a larger participation than Hockey, Just that is was the national sport of Canada for decades.

As for the stats, It seems that as of this early date for recruitment for 2017 to say that L.I. influence is on the decline is a bit premature. Without even knowing where this list came from it seems a bit self serving. One thing for sure it did not come out of Laxpower which in my opinion is the only reliable source for recruits.

This being a thread for Maryland I am more surprised about all the negative numbers down your way. You have produced some of the best players to ever play the game. Whats going on down there?

What is going on down here in MD is the same thing that is going on up there LI. Baltimore is a small city about an hour away from DC (where the #s are going up small). LI has 5x the population of the state of MD. Your %s are goig down by the same delta as a percentage of the basis, or more, as compared to the other hotbed markets, DC excepted.

Get over yourselves a little. The point is valid. Lacrosse dominance in MD, LI and the rest of this corridor is declining. The non-hotbeds are rising. LI and the others will NEVER be the same in terms of figures this dominant.

I think all-in-all good - as long as the sport continues to grow. Meaning more colleges make lacrosse a major sport. If there was a decline in the hotbeds and the sport became less popular than that would be alarming.