Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am just curious, and have asked this question before with no response, what were the "several" interesting events that Hofstra and the LI Top Guns actually produced? Outside of a clinic and the tournament they ran last year, I am curious what they had talked about that never seemed to materialize - at least as far as lighting up the girls lax scene on Long Island. Or was this just BOTC trying to support their program?
Remember that this quote is being taken from the fourth quarter of 2013 - some of the events included the Winter Camp for Younger Players, the High School Girls Clinic, the Coach's Clinic (February), the Summer Individual Player Camp, the Summer Team Camp, and the revised dates for the Lacrosse Classic.

The Lacrosse Classic will dovetail this year with the K&J Athletics Showcase event. This is incredibly important for Long Island girls as they will be able to take part in the individualized showcase event by K&J Athletics on Thursday (practice) and Friday (showcase) followed by the team-oriented Lacrosse Classic on the Saturday and Sunday. College coaches will get a full three days to evaluate talent both on an individual and team basis. From a Long Island perspective, there is nothing that compares to the pairing of these two events.

Camp$, clinic$, camp$, clinic$...... Not really earth shattering events here and nothing at all unique. I think Top Gun parents were expecting more based on the "exciting" news you heard and I know others were looking for more especially when you hear things that other local travel clubs are doing. I know my daughters friend plays for a club that is running a bus tour on the east coast to multiple colleges where they are spending time with active players and coaches but maybe that would be a conflict of interest for Top Guns to run something of that nature?