Originally Posted by Long Shot
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Illustrates the power of the YJ name. If these kids moved over to Team 91 or Beach Bums, they would be on the top team. Would rather be 5th YJ team.
As long as my daughter gets her YJ wind breaker, I don’t care what team she’s on.

Years ago that windbreaker actually meant something. Now, means nothing. Anyone can be a YJ. Just pay the fee.

Years ago that windbreaker actually meant something. Now, means nothing. Anyone can be a YJ. Just pay the fee.

When you say the jacket used to mean something, does that mean it used to mean something to you as a parent and your ego? And now they have expanded to develop more girls your ego isn't fed by your kid wearing their jacket to their town league practices so you both can feel you are better than your neighbors?

I am all for developmental youth sports, in my opinion if you raise the quality for a broader number of athletes, the entire pool gets stronger and the sport improves across the board. By having more teams your deepen the pool of talent. Sorry if takes value away from your kids "jacket".

It's called intramurals! Travel sports of all types have been watered down to the point where it means very little unless your on the team that everybody knows - lax,aau and baseball have all turned into cash cows. the people with ego issues are the dillusional parents who never made travel teams as a kid and then jam there kids into all these teams with very ureal expectations, but the are playing travel!