Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughters friend went and she said it was very boring. She said it was advertised as stick skills and shooting and they did almost no shooting. She said the place they played in (or at least the space they were given was tiny). She said it was no more than having a catch with another kid and every now and then they would show you how to do a trick. Her mom was shocked that they would even have the nerve to charge for that type of session. Sounds like they did it as they are new to TG and wanted to be part of the programs SS is running but she was amazed at the lack of quality of what was put on. She only told me as I told her I was considering sending my daughter to the HS clinic SS is running in January and she said if it is anything like what they went to we should save our $$$'s. Sounds like it was an quick way for SS to pick up a few easy $$'s but she should be careful about diluting her brand too quickly.

Yeah, I heard the same and was a little disappointed since I was thinking about sending my daughter to the next clinic she was running at Hofstra but now I am reconsidering spending money on it. Thanks for the honest feedback.
BOTC gretaly questions this honest feedback. The poster reporting on the daughter's friend decided against Top Guns this season and posted the following on December 4th:
It is funny that you say that. When we were looking at teams for my daughter this year we had heard about this issue with the parents/coaches and had actually seen some of it first hand at a tournament last year. When we thought about having her tryout for TG she herself (an 11 year old) said she didnt want to go because of the feeling she got from them last year. They lost to one of the teams and beat the other team at their Hofstra tournament and my daughter said the parents were yelling at the kids when they were losing and that the kids themselves did not display "good sportmanship" when they were losing and when they lost. While we did see some of this as well it was overly apparent to an 11 year old girl - wheich really says it all. And you are right, it all starts at the top with the people running the program, the coaches and the parents. Learning the game is important - but what is more important is what you learn around the game (teamwork, sportsmanship, unity, etc.) and these are the values you will take with you way beyond your lacrosse career which will end at age 21. The lack of all these values are clearly displayed on this website everyday by TG parents - calling out kids and coaches and teammates and complaining about the program directors and clinics, etc. There are other clubs out there that teach far more than just lacrosse and I am glad that we have found one.
Now, while one wants to question a lack of values, BOTC questions why a parent who passed on the Top Guns wants to file a report about a Youth Camp attended by the "daughter's friend". Serious, growth a pair of lacrosse balls and come out from behind your shadows. You want bad-mouth the Top Guns program, fine - but have the guts to sign your name.

Just as a point of order, did it ever dawn on you that the negative posts were not coming from the Top Guns parents? Trust us, we have done the footwork on this one. Think about it.