Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone get any news from the 2nd express tryout? My daughter tried out, but we haven't heard. She also made YJ yellow (2nd team), but I wanted to know where she ended up with Express before we committed to YJ.

Tough decision. You could have your daughter play on Express and in a year explain to her that the directors don't really care about girls and that boys are much more important or you could have her play in 2nd YJ team and in a year you can explain to her that the game is about winning at all costs and she will never be on the top team if she is not politically connected.

Well I guess it will be Yellow Jackets, since there are three teams in her age division and she is on the 2nd team, and her YJ coach is a top notch HS coach (a varsity coach with championships who gets the most out of her players), so
her team will get outstanding instruction. Making winning a priority isn't necessarily a bad thing. After speaking to a few parents who have had this same coach, my decision has been made.

Honestly, I think your daughter will get more out of YJ. Any club that fields both genders has yet to do well by both sides, IMO. Good luck!