Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sage did not say full athletic scholarships are NEVER offered. If thats what was said it would be incorrect.

YOU ALL are not getting the point which simply said my kid was offered full scholarships to several schools. THATS IT. Some posters refuse to accept that and repeatedly stated it is impossible to get full scholarships. Then all these statistics pop up and jerk off comments follow. Since there are so many experts jumping into this discussion maybe ONE of you can tell us which coach told you they NEVER offer full athletic scholarships? You can't because they do. Not nearly as common as partial scholarships but they are offered. Not sure why so many are offended by that and you can say I am lying and that's fine but the fact remains I sat in the offices with these coaches when the offers were made. Incredible time that was shared with my daughter. She chose an incredible school that fits her well. I wish you all luck and hope the recruiting time spent with your daughter was as enjoyable as ours was.

Never said no schools offered ful rides, only there will be a trade off. Happy for you! good luck at Dowling!

No trade off here. School is ranked in the top 30 in US News. Now your insulting the Dowling players and families. Good luck not getting your [lacrosse] kicked.

Still a trade off if school is not Duke, Hopkins, or Goergetown. Dowling is a fine school, just not prestigious, so a full ride would not be all that unusual. Many students will chose this path, make the most of it an come out debt free. Making threats like that, I assume you probably went to Suffolk.

BTW many feel by going to Duke, Hopkins or Georgetown there is a trade off on the Athletic side and overall BIG time college experience in comparison to UNC, Syracuse, Florida, ND or Penn State. They feel the balance of big time athletics an a top 50 school is a better choice even if they can get into the "prestigious" schools. I would take a full ride to any of those schools an never feel like there is a "trade off" !