Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the guy who said my garbage man makes $100 grand, I think it's just another way to look at the big picture that you go to college to help you get a good paying job. There are two sets of people on here the one that claim they are their kid is the next SS and keep screaming look at me look at me (full ride) and the others that would send their travel kid to the ACME school of liberal arts if they offered some athletic money.

I agree with an earlier poster that a .25 to a good school is better than a full ride at ACME

Just too add: It is also about the overall fit, and type of college experience the kid and family are looking for. A .25 to Duke may put a kid into an academic situation that is over their head, .75 at Hoftsra may make sense to someone who wants to stay close to home. Maybe .5 at Maryland would be the perfect fit for the girl who wants a top athletic program at a good school offering the total big school experience. Also one must take into consideration the rigorous demands of a D1 athelete and the prior recruits. At certain schools, the girl may not see the field much. At the college level, I don't know many players who would be satisfied taking any scholarship to ride the bench for 4 years!