Originally Posted by 429lax
Kill or be killed? Underlying forces at play? Really?

I don't think anyone enjoys completely blowing out an obviously less competitive team. This does not happen at the more established tournaments. I bet next year this same tournament will be more competitive as Fall Ball grows legs.

As for focus - Good will is good PR which is certainly good business. Businesses thrive on being able to recognize the situation they're in and then capitalize on it. Pounding a weaker team into the ground has no benefits.

Once again, you're confusing sport with business. The dominate business in any market draws the most customers..... and crush the competition.
Ever heard of Apple, JnJ, etc...
Biggest and the best just seem to get the most customers, nothing different here. Just on a smaller scale. Don't get upset about it, recognize what you're dealing with. Again, not a bad thing. Just what it is.
Look, on the flip side, these teams help a lot of kids to get better at the game. I'm not saying they don't. If you allow yourself to understand the bigger picture, all this stuff won't bother you. You can just accept it for what it is and focus on improving you're son's game. My kids have been doing this travel thing for years. I can't tell you the score one game from last summer, or four summers ago, nor could any of my kids.
I can tell you they are better lacrosse players!