Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why did the organizers schedule this showcase during school? Why did they think it was okay for kids to miss school so they could fatten up their wallets?
Maybe someone should call them and ask them that.
I have no sympathy for them or the parents who planned on taking their kids out of school for this.

Did you know that many of the kids planning on attending DID NOT have shool that day. They turned down other recruiting events for this one.

I had my son registered because the cost associated with other prestigious fall events (JR) was too high, this was local and well regarded. There are also many kids registered from other states where they needed to buy plane tickets, it is not right!

You are entitled to your opionion about the ethics of taking kids out of school, but no one asked for your sympathy. As cage said, there are many sporting events (playoff games) that release kids from class, I guess that's ok for you?

Bottom line is the timing of this letter to coaches is hurting many kids, they are now left with no fall options. The letter should have set new rules in place for NEXT YEAR!