They should have went across all levels but understand since $$ are given at I and II that is where it will make an impact to players and parents.

I support their decision, surprised NCAA does do something like that (it is student/athlete) but they should have made their intentions known sooner so plans could have been altered for the families organization and coaches.

But for goodness sake the games were in a week where historically students "miss" a few days do to the holidays - so is this the games/venue to make a stand! Is there another underling issue gotta be something else?

Originally Posted by CageSage
The Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IMLCA) has issued a letter on Friday, November 1st encouraging all NCAA Division I and Division II coaches to NOT attend any midweek College Showcases despite these midweek dates being valid on the NCAA Recruiting Calendar.

While this does NOT impact any events being carried here on BOTC, this recommendation does impact our Youth Lacrosse community as evidenced in our Boys 2017 discussion thread where many in that age group had registered for the National Elite 175 recruiting event scheduled for Tuesday, November 26th. To their credit, the showcase organizers have opened a 48-hour window for refunds according to information we have received here at BOTC.

Now, it is completely unclear how tight the IMLCA's grip might be on the Division I and II coaches that were planning to attend this (or any) November midweek events.

Interesting to BOTC is that Division III institutions are NOT covered by this move and they continue to be free to attend the midweek recruiting events.

So, we are forced to ask what the difference is between a Division I coach attending a Tuesday afternoon event and a Division III coach? At first, we thought the IMLCA was making this move to self-police the recruiting cycles and avoid pressure to be seen on school days (despite this event being just before the Thanksgiving break). However, once we saw that Division III coaches were exempted, BOTC was forced to question the basis of the IMLCA's position.

What is your view?