Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fascinating stuff. However, while some of the posts still seem to have sentiment in the way this team was created it is what it is. I don't get the sense that anyone is criticizing the players or their commitment (if they are they should be ashamed), but rather what is not being said and that is the scores. Has anyone taken note? I think we should ask the parents of this team to voice their opinion on this. Are the scores we are hearing true? 25-0 etc? Worse? Even if you move players around it seems to be a little over the top? Hopefully some parents of this team will weigh in and tell us why this is a good thing. Any parents happy with the coach for running up the score? Or questioning if they want to be apart of that? Any of the parents concerned about retaliation/safety - while completely unacceptable,you never know. Hopefully some of the parents will post.

I am the parent that wrote about the Dowling tournament and this team is not the Express Orange (Baracudas). It was a team put together of kids that wanted to keep the stick in their hands in the fall. My son got on the team because of kids that he knows from camps and other travel teams. Many of them also play football and soccer and we fluctuate between 12 and 14 kids making the games because of the other sports. In the Dowling tournament the scores were that high for this team and they really tried to slow it down. I can not speak for the Express and their scores. In fact this tournament only allowed the first faceoff and then it was cleared from the scored on goal. So it wasn't that are faceoff kid was incredible and we won the faceoff everytime it was just really talented kids that wanted to play lacrosse. If the competition is not there and you try to slow it down what else do you do ? Tell them not to score anymore. The kids came to play. As someone else said a lot of kids are not playing right now because of other sports. My son plays middle school soccer, travel soccer and this lacrosse team. Not to mention that he practices every Saturday with his travel lacrosse team. We often race from the Sunday lacrosse game to his travel soccer game. As for this team they are just playing together in the fall so we will not know what would happen in the spring or summer. Most of them are going back to their original travel teams. We are at least getting good games at Farmingdale. Once the spring and summer games come I think you will see the Express Orange will have more competition. You can not tell me that there are only 22 kids on Long Island that are talented lacrosse players. I have been watching my son play lacrosse for eight years and have watched a lot of games and I can tell you there are a lot of talented kids out there. That is why some parents are getting nuts worrying that their kid will not get a scholorship. Let's not forget their grades !!! You can be the best lacrosse player on Long Island, but if your academics are in the tank you are not going anywhere. Except for a few people who is making $$$ in lacrosse once they are out of college ??