Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
... they won all 3 games. The first game was 30 to 2, 2nd game was 13 to 6 and the last game was 20 plus to 6 (stopped counting). The coach tried to slow it down by switching the kids to different positions and honestly that is the only reason the other teams scored. My son was disappointed that the competition was not better.
The problem here is several fold.

First, building super teams where top talent is collected is valuable to improve the top end caliber of play, however you need to create an environment where those teams can find competition. BOTC has called for the creation of a premier elite league structure on a regional level, similar to what exists in Youth Soccer, to allow the best teams to compete on a regular basis.

Second, a completely tiered league system is required (once the top level league is created) to establish a proving ground for promotion and relegation. This would extend down to the state/county level.

Third, Long Island Lacrosse needs to crack the problem where top clubs from outside of New [lacrosse] (New Jersey, Maryland in particular) are comfortable coming to our region and competing in single or multiple day tournaments.

Only once these three steps are taken will the real promise of forming premier teams be realized.

Fourth, Which really should be number one! Someone needs to come up with a governing system with regard to age. Most of these top super teams are littered with kids playing down a year. Look at the top 2018 teams right now (Express & 91). Many, but not all the top tier kids should be, by age, in 7th grade. It's just a fact. It's been going on in this sport for years. In soccer, they have validated the kids age. Older kids play up, regardless of thier "grade"! You get caught cheating the system your club is banned. It's the only way we're going to level the playing field.

You are DEAD ON!! I agree bigtime!My son either plays his age or "up". Youth (travel) Baseball & Youth Football...good luck cheating with them in regards to having a kid play that is OLDER or doesnt have a proper birth certificate!