Originally Posted by Anonymous
Touching on a couple of YJ topics that were brought up the last couple of days:
1. Anyone that thinks that politics does not/ will not play a part in the decision making process when mking these teams is a bit naive. It happens in all levels of society. Get used to it. Town connections are just a part of it. How about the favoritism of girls that have older siblings on top teams in the program? Does CR want to upset the apple cart? How about a coach that individually trains nearly half her summer players on the side? If one of those girls are not up to snuff, do you cut her and risk putting tax-free $$ in your pocket? Probably not.
2. As for 6 teams in an age group, who should care except those on those teams. There seems to be a huge market for girls' lax on Long Island and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Seems new clubs are sprouting up all over the place.

I don't buy it, give us the names of the towns with the connections so when rosters are made we can see if you are correct. Also the sibling thing is complete bs, there are many siblings on different level teams , may actually be more siblings on different level teams than same level teams.That being said I would expect that young kids with siblings who are top level players have a better chance at being top level players themselves , genetics, starting earlier , access to a good role model etc. The politics excuse is used way to often by parents of kids who think little Susie is better than she is.
For the first question , for sure Mt. Sinai, as for the second , usually the detractors are the ones that have there little Susie benefit from politics and butt kissing

With all the townies, siblings, butt kissers, relatives and political appointees that apparently clog these rosters, it's amazing how many games they manage to win.

Granted -the Blue teams are very good. However, the older the teams get, the better the other clubs get. YJ Blue is a great team, but after that the 2nd and 3rd teams are just OK. The teams after that are mediocre. YJ was first - they have the biggest name and have been able to draw from the biggest pool of talent. However, other teams are catching them and have caught them.

Parents bring their kids to yellow jackets bc they know they won't get cut. Some are ok with their daughter playing on the 4/5/6 team because little Susie just wants to play lacrosse. At the end of the day little Susie is a we adjusted young lady who loved lacrosse and used it to stay socially active, develop her skills and make new friends. In my years of experience I prefer the personalities of the parents and girls of those 2/3/4/5 teams over that top blue team less drama more fun oh and guess what while your top blue player spent every spare minute training for lacrosse my little Susie got a full academic scholarship to a D3 school and will play lacrosse what's that top player getting 10%!!! Enjoy that bill and thank you CR for leaving no girl left out!!!

Congrats to Susie! I am sure she worked her but off in the classroom an earned her scholarship, but why would you put down a kid who may be more talented in lax, and has worked her but off? If you really think that the top blue players are getting 10%, then you are the one who is totally uninformed! Those girls are getting almost or as much as Susie and they are following their dream of competing at the highest level for a national championship! If that is not Susie's goal so be it, but don't minimize the accomplishments of the "top" players to make yourself feel better about your daughters placement. Oh and btw, most of those "top" players are just as talented in the class room as they are on the field! If you look at the list of schools being attended by them, I am sure they rank as high or higher than Susie's school! FYI It is ok to be proud of your daughter and her accomplishments without diminishing someone else's!