Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fascinating stuff. However, while some of the posts still seem to have sentiment in the way this team was created it is what it is. I don't get the sense that anyone is criticizing the players or their commitment (if they are they should be ashamed), but rather what is not being said and that is the scores. Has anyone taken note? I think we should ask the parents of this team to voice their opinion on this. Are the scores we are hearing true? 25-0 etc? Worse? Even if you move players around it seems to be a little over the top? Hopefully some parents of this team will weigh in and tell us why this is a good thing. Any parents happy with the coach for running up the score? Or questioning if they want to be apart of that? Any of the parents concerned about retaliation/safety - while completely unacceptable,you never know. Hopefully some of the parents will post.

Outside observation (no son even playing). I see that as a parent, I would be proud to have a son selected as an elite player and chosen for this team. But the beat downs are embarrassing to the team, I would be ashamed of my kid scoring the 20th, 21st, 22nd etc... goal in one of these games. The coaches are ultimately to blame, just horrible job of sportsmanship. This reminds me of the girls high school basketball game that was all over the news a couple years ago (100 to 0). Except this may be worse because they did it game after game... what a joke.