Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed and Amen! Shame to anyone who thinks a high school coach should have the ability to deny a player access to a school team, not on ability.... but on his/her whim. We all know that it is buyer beware on club teams. However in the never ending quest for "more" a parent/child shouldn't have to choose between more education (lacrosse training at an advanced club team), and the ability to play school ball. If the kid is good enough then he/she should play.... end the politics and the manhood matchup between some town programs and "elite" clubs. The only losers are the kids who are not playing.

I totally agree! There is another side of this to look at. Just like HS coaches shouldn't say "if you play club you will not play for me in school ball", The clubs should not make parents think that "if they don't play for a particular club they want be looked at for a HS team". I have heard this many times with Express and the catholic schools (particularly St. Anthony's). I don't think that if a kid is great that a HS coach wont' play them, but to actually use that as a tactic to get someone to pay and join your club team borders on extortion!