Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the only thing that can stop the trend is the varsity coaches and that is if they even want to. by trying to emulate WI or WM they can sell the kids on whats better for the High School team is better for everybody and also the cost savings - right now kids are predominately still being recruited through the HS coach although they are being seen with their summer teams, the HS coach still has huge input and there for leverage.
To prove just how wrong this observation is, let me ask you a couple of questions. First, do you think that collegiate lacrosse coaches are taking off from their daily Spring season training to go and see a Long Island High School Varsity game? Second, do you think that that unevenness of Long Island Varsity competition is the proving ground on which any coach would actually make a roster decision for their college team?
I think you missed his point entirely, unless I am reading this wrong he is saying that the HS coach is still the main conduit to the college coaches for recruiting but they are seeing the players in the Summer with their select team, you are both saying the same thing that college coaches do not scout HS regular season games, to the point of the HS program still being important there are plenty of scouts at Stony Brook and Hofstra for the county championships so if you get to the championship game because you played together all summer and fall to make your school team better you are now in the Long Island Championship game in front of 100 college coaches then not only have you helped yourself but you have also helped your teammates and friends, there is nothing the matter with having a primary goal to win help your school win a HS championship as opposed to your primary goal is to get into a college for lacrosse.