Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I must disagree with a number of your statements. It does vary by school but the school we committed to which is a top 10 program and top 40 Nationally ranked college, stated that the scholarship offered will not change from the verbal agreement. It can only go higher based on performance. SAT requirements are quite reasonable. Injury will not affect scholarship. We were assured that they committed to our son. Coaches were very firm about that. Research has also shown us that it is extremely rare for a school to rescind a verbal agreement. I could not even find one instance where it actually happened. What does happen, is kids decommit due to a variety of reasons. The only thing that could affect the agreement is questionable moral behavior (arrest, ect) Or failure to maintain reasonable GPA. Every school and kid are different in what they offer. Some people are looking for their above average (not top) kid to walk into an Ivy, that happens , but be prepared to pay big $$. We were looking for a substantial financial package. was a win-win for us, my son, and the awesome school he committed to.
Ours is a voice of experience; if you choose to disagree, we are fine with that. BOTC can only offer words of advice based on practical and actual experience.

You are correct when you say that verbal offers are rarely withdrawn. We did however want to caution you that there is ground to cover over the next two years that can occasionally alter the best laid plans.

Congratulations and good luck with your student-athlete's collegiate selection and remaining scholastic years.

We have been close to it already and have close friends that have been through it CAGE is right. I wish you well but you newbies touting firm offers early is just not accurate until you sign