I caught the hawks game, fca game (online) and 1/2 of the madlax game.

My take on it -

Hawks/Preds - Hawks welcomed Preds to the elite level. The difference in groups is significant. Hawks simply put, man handled Preds. Hawks were typical hawks, consistent, precise, and on point. While it’s early in the season they looked a little slow. Preds looked lost, overwhelmed, and had trouble keeping up with this level. Hawks will continue to improve. Hopefully Preds has seen some of the best teams around and can regroup to build on what they experienced. If they don’t analyze their weaknesses they are in more trouble that they realize. Preds was missing a goalie due to injury not sure if he is a difference maker

FCA/LTLC(Not Crabs for HOCO) - Fca was missing a few players one being a fogo. Might have made a difference or maybe not on the outcome. Fca looked slow at the get go from what I have seen in the past. Looks like the age verification got them harder than they thought it would. Fca turned over the ball at least 4 times because of the shot clock. Word on the side line was a lot of unhappy parents with the team. Kids seem to not be gelling. Started to notice teammates getting on each other. LTLC was slow to get the ball to the goal. As the game picked up the defense began to play tougher forcing many turnovers. Ltlc won most of the face offs. The defense held fca to 1 goal in the second half with minimal shots on goal. FCA relied on their bigger middle to be the hero. One player can’t do it all. FCA will recover and move on. LTLC has some growing to do on the field with offensive production but with time, like all teams, the more you play the better you get. Hopefully the team is able to see their strengths and especially their weaknesses and build on those.

Madlax/NL - I only watched the 1st half. Madlax was able to quickly throw NL off balance with ball and off ball movement. NL players were slow to respond. Madlax was able to use cutters and precise passing to score 5 goal easily in the first quarter. Where madlax lacks in size they make up for it in speed of the be pass. Most of the half was on ML offensive end. Surprised to see NL struggle like this.

I saw some good not great lacrosse today. With time great lacrosse will come as teams get into game shape. Every game counts when there are only 8 teams.