This is a gossip blog. So you should expect the negative headlines. Lets deal with some facts, however. The poster above is right, the remaining ML players/parents who were loyal and didn't leave for greener pastures are not happy with the volume of fly ins. CM has always liked fly ins (mostly for the summer season), but the number of kids on the 28 team for HOCO is absurd. They have like 35 kids on the roster. For example, their two face off guys hail from Michigan and NY. Not to mention the local kids he stole from ither clubs and offered them a "discount" to get then onboard.

So you have families that could have left but stayed and now their playing time is reduced for a bunch of out of towners who pay less (I'm willing to wager many are free), obviously don't come to practice, and all the while paying the $6k+ for being in the program + all the travel costs to subsidize the rest of the team.

Call me fool but it's not surprising that the players/parents' patience is wearing thin and there will be another exodus. Maybe you are right and ML will be able to cobble together another team, but there is so much competition for players in the DMV nowadays my guess is the team will slide into obscurity and be a 2nd tier quasi-national team the entire time those boys are in HS.

This isn't my first time down this path and you can ask any parent with older children.....if the team is not good by their sophomore yr not many college coaches will come and watch during the recruiting window. Period.

It's a waste of money and ppl are catching on at that club.