Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone share what Shuckers lacrosse is? A new club coming to Baltimore?

They are the new “talk of the town”

Shuckers is something started by two Loyola Blakefield Fathers that will put a team together to play in Naptown........with the purpose of trying to recruit kids to Loyola Blakefield. That's how it was explained to us, but we are not participating as my son is not interested in Loyola.

Sad to say I agree with Talk of the Town Dad.

The club is hosted by Ryleighs Oyster (a Towson area seafood place / bar) whose owners are big Loyola alums/donors. It would appear that they have convinced the new Loyola HC that he should be involved and/or be a part-owner in it (like Hilgy and Sett at Predators, and many other older examples). They are assembling some kind of 2029 team for Naptown but also trying next year to build 2027 and 2028 teams.

If I had to guess, it's to continue to TRY to replace the market share that was Koopers, Green Turtle, etc, Looneys (all bar-supported clubs owned by MIAA alums); Koopers blew up as a result of Predators and True making a play for A-AA level / non elite Towson area kids (the 2029 Predators team is a bit of an outlier).

Will it fail any less ingloriously than Koopers, Green Turtle, and Looneys? I guess we'll see. Then True Baltimore will gobble them up as they gobbled up the others, with a pre-tryout message of "we're keeping the same identity and culture, just under True" , and the first post-tryout message being, "You're now True Orange, here is your True logo, we only do True drills, with only True coaches."
PREDS ARE THE WORST. If they were a bar they would be out of business after serving diluted drinks and only being open half the day.