Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pretty fair assessment.

Having seen 5 of these teams play in the fall (never know about fall ball), I’d say NL added some good pieces on offense. But their goalie is their key— Defense is Ok, he makes them look great.

Crabs added some studs, particularly the kid who came from FCA. Big and strong attackman. They’re not as good as everyone barking about though.

Hawks are just a well oiled machine on Offense. Very, very difficult to defend with their cutters and play from X

Madlax— ton of kids, many of them True Chx and VLC. Their key is big 47, whether he stays or not. Without him, they’re a bottom half team in HoCo. And they’ll need to fly in the kids they used this fall. Which they may do.

DCE is definitely a work in progress. Their D will keep them in virtually every game they play. Their O is suspect, but great coaches who should figure it out. Previous poster mentioned that every loss this fall was only by 1 or 2 goals, and they lead late in all of those losses.

Didn’t see 91 or Clip Show. Have always felt like 91 is close, they seem to have some talent, but then they proceed to get blown out 10-1. Perhaps it’s coaching I dunno.

I am very curious where Madlax will be pulling in kids for HoCo and/or if they are still trying to pull kids from other teams to come over that didn't play much in the fall.

DCE has some great attack, but now we are seeing size being an issue. Maybe they have some bigger kids on their "B" team?

Hawks do have a great offense, but how is their defense?

In what way are we seeing DCE's size be a problem? They swept their last tournament and gave up a total of 7 goals over 3 games -- what are you talking about?

Also, spoiler alert but the Hawks defense is really good, too, and they really do have one of the best goalies at this age, as shown by limiting opponents' points and not just unsubstantiated web forum proclamations.
Best goalies at this Grade not age lol[/quote]

Low key hilarious post. Well played.[/quote]

Agreed.

I am very curious how strong DCE will be coming into HOCO. They do have some great coaching on their side.

Following up on who is going to place bets on how many fly-ins will be on Madlax?