Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And this is from a MIAA parent who has heard every thing a holdback parent could say about the "reason" .
As an MIAA parent, how do you handle your kid playing school sports against mixed grade competition? I think I'm going to make my son sit out games where they play younger mixed grade teams since that's really only fair. You do the same I guess? How does your son feel about it, does he still go to games to cheer for his school?

Spoken like a MIAA holdback parent,,,Changing the goalposts to justify your holdback playing youth sports outside of school, Once again, It is your child, hold him back 5 times, it is your right,
Your lame " reason" , If I am so high and almighty, i should have my son sit when playing against older children at school. You sound like a real winner. My child deals with it as he is athletic and can compete, unlike many others who messed up by not holding their child back. it was odd when he went to birthdays in lower school and always asked me why are they so old.

FYI, Holdbacks werent allowed in lacrosse youth sports in Balt until about 10 years ago due to HOCO and its grade based league started and run by a MIAA holdback parent. His excuse, Recruiting was done at 8/9th grade and we needed to go grade. Of course , recruiting is now done in HS, but we still have the grade based league, LOL ... For some reason there was no need to have children play down for prior 50 years , what a thought, Not letting children play down against younger children. The horror of the holdbacks to not get an advantage and playdown with their schoolmates.