Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm a long time Sachem Alum, but wanted to chime in about the talk with them this year. First off, I do (in my biased opinion) think they are the real deal. I wouldn't be so quick to give reason for their possible success to just the "transfer" players. They have a very deep, athletic team with a lot of talented players to being with.

With the exception of perhaps Gamblin, I would argue most of the new guys aren't going to be game changers but rather round out the edges and provide depth.

This is a team that before the "new" guys had 3 empire players along with several younger guys playing in the LI showcase games. We'll see when the games and scrimmages begin where the new players fit in, but I really think you would be underestimating the home grown talent on that team if everyone assumes all of them will step right in and play and "bring" a championship to Sachem.
The season hasn't started yet and Sachem has work to do before they win anything. Remember they lost to Smithtown West twice, Smithtown East, Connecquot, Ward Melville (blown out) and lost to an average Floyd team. Single goals against East Islip and Patchogue-Medford ... and do not forget about West Islip in the whole discussion.