Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope igloo is at least somewhat successful. With Liberty being acquired by Jesters and Elevate went away, Nassau could definitely use another club team. The problem is that Liberty and Elevate had great track records of producing solid college commits, which I don't see how it will work with Igloo yet. I don't even see the same depth of commits from Jesters other than a few 2023 HS grads. Having YJ as almost the monopoly is not a great thing for girls.

Think the depth of Jesters recruits will come as last years ranking for the

2026 black team #5
2027 black team #8
2028 black team #11
2029 black team #36
2030s will have high ranking as well

Think the 2026/2027 class will solidly it and therefore attract more talent from the Nassau lax towns in the younger years.

That's very helpful! And you are right (I just double checked) - the 2024 (#70) and 2025 (#23) were not the highest ranked although I would say #23 is still very solid. I hope Jesters can produce strong commits in 2026, including strong lax and strong academic schools to fill the void of Liberty and Elevate. Those two clubs used to produce many Ivies and Ivies-like commits. Otherwise, I wonder where all the Manhasset and GC kids would go.

Well Jesters is the closest to GC/ Manhasset, play in a lot of the big recruiting tournaments, and have a dedicated indoor complex. You’re starting to see some movement in the 5th- 9th grade years from these towns. Think these next few recruiting years will determine how it goes.