Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does everyone realize that only the kids and parents care about these rankings anyway? Coaches sure don't.

I think your wrong, I do think coaches make their own determinations, but when a college recruiting class has 5 - 5 stars, 4 -4 stars and 3 - 3 stars, that is a benchmark on the recruiting class, I have seen kids get moved from 3 to 4 stars and then bang suddenly they are going to Hopkins the next day . let me at least say this, its not the bible, but i think having 4 stars or higher is helpful . I am in no way implying that its anywhere near perfect or not completely corrupt

If kids "bang suddenly" are going to top schools, it's because those top schools already had them high on their own lists.

I'm not wrong. These coaches trust themselves way more than they trust any third party.

With a simple multi-factored regression analysis, with years of data from open sources, it is clear the NLF Ranking is the most successful analysis on the market. Data and resulting correlation suggest almost a one for one match on results. Mr. Chandik seems to be using a factor analysis for his work. It would be helpful if he would publish his source code. Of course, there are other candidates taken not on the NLF list for early recruiting. However the NLF list mathematically is the most accurate according to the data. However, there could be internal data from various universities that is not openly presented that has higher success results. IL lacrosse is more of a reported after the fact issue. Much like a newspaper. Seems to use produced results and a qualitative aspect. That analysis has use like a newspaper has use and is a central data repository. But the IL data here is inconsistent due to inconsistent inputs and authors of the data. For NLF is appears the work is organically collected. Please chime in if there are flaws in this analysis or changes that need to be made to the assumptions herein.

Math is not my area so if I am not understanding what you wrote right please tell were wrong. Your post and the other two since, are saying NLF rank is used to recruit the players? You are saying that as the math says NLF ranks get recruited and after the ranking is out? IL gives the stars after the recruiting done, that about right? And interested to hear parents takes on this if already done if you can.