Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also still have WM ahead of Sachem North and Smithtown West until I see some results in the early scrimmages.

I liked Sachem North as a sleeper team before last season, so I will not be surprised if they do turn out to dominate this year, but I need to see something first.
I'm a long time Sachem Alum, but wanted to chime in about the talk with them this year. First off, I do (in my biased opinion) think they are the real deal. I wouldn't be so quick to give reason for their possible success to just the "transfer" players. They have a very deep, athletic team with a lot of talented players to being with.

With the exception of perhaps Gamblin, I would argue most of the new guys aren't going to be game changers but rather round out the edges and provide depth.

This is a team that before the "new" guys had 3 empire players along with several younger guys playing in the LI showcase games. We'll see when the games and scrimmages begin where the new players fit in, but I really think you would be underestimating the home grown talent on that team if everyone assumes all of them will step right in and play and "bring" a championship to Sachem.