Originally Posted by Anonymous
I predict that DCE black is going to get its clock cleaned. Book it.
While I don’t think they’ll beat NL or Crabs, they’ll compete with them. They’re a brand new team as of last month. With some really good pieces. By spring they’ll contend in HoCo, but still won’t be able to keep up with Hawk
Why are Predators playing AA against these teams. Shouldn't FCA White or Richmond Hawks be the 4th team? Not sure who set the divisions up, but they are clueless.

Predators is kind of the anti-Madlax when it comes to club leadership, the directors don't put a lot of thought into any of this whereas Cabell is like the MegaMind of Youth Lax (take that metaphor as far as you like). In the Preds directors eyes, last year's Preds beat FCA White (usually by 1 point) 2-3x and would have readily beaten Richmond Hawks and the lower Hoco AAA teams, so, sure, now Preds and their 15+ new players should go play Crabs and NL, it'll be fine. And that was the end of the conversation, if there was even a conversation.

To be clear - I'm not saying their conclusion makes sense. I'm just saying, that's about the amount of thought that was probably put into it.

The idea that FCA White or Richmond Hawks would fare much better against the above mentioned elite teams is kind of hilarious, so, does it really matter which Hoco AAA team gets embarrassed by them

I'm not involved with Preds in any way, but if someone wants to go test themselves against some of the best teams out there during fall ball then fine, cool, go for it. Maybe it ultimately makes them better or at least helps highlight what they do well or poorly. I'm not sure their egos are so tied up in the results that they're really worried about embarrassment.

Losing games 15-1, 12-2, etc. do not make you better as a player or a team. It makes zero sense to play Elite level teams when you lack Elite level talent. Feel bad for the Preds kids.

Nobody is going to get embarrassed in fall ball. The scores are irrelevant. It's a chance to play every kid and try different combinations of kids. There isn't even a t shirt at stake. So good for the Preds. And good for the kids who don't get as much time on the other teams.

Game was much closer than the scores shows.
Prediction for October Invitational:
Next Level Blue 3-0.....will have an average margin of victory of 7
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Next Level Red will go 3-0 in A division

well, next level blue didn’t go 3 in 0, anything else surprising come out of the weekend? Madlax go 3 in 0 In their aloha tournament?

DC Express looked like the could have won both of their first games, but lost them in the end. Maybe the combination of Madlax, BLC, and other still need time to figure it out?