Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great information. After having gone through the process I totally agree. I found the most frustrating thing to be that if you are not coming from a known powerhouse lacrosse school- which are all predominantly private schools- it can be very hard to get the right attention. I committed sending my son to public school because it is excellent academically, better than the private schools, and I wanted him to have an education in a diverse (in several ways) environment, much like the real world. The problem is that it is not a “known lacrosse” school and even though they are good, some coaches won’t even look at kids or have a significant bias. This issue has gotten so much worse in lax over the past 10 years. Rosters were much more diverse years ago. This is such a disservice to lacrosse because it is making the community more elitist, less inclusive and limiting access. It’s gets so tiresome when you see all the old “lax bro” stereotypes being fulfilled right before your eyes.

Diversity in lacrosse? It’s never been a diverse sport, ever, not 35 years ago and not now. If anything it’s far more diverse now than ever before. But it’s still a sport for rich kids. Lower income kids have no interest because there’s no scholarship money