Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Literally a player that was a top 10 lax and top 10 fh player that just committed to do both at BC. JD at UNC was seconds away from winning a national title in both sports in a calendar year. And she started for both teams.

As a coach, do I like when some of my best players miss some fall tournaments for another club sport? Nope. Do I understand? Absolutely. Heck. I did it myself. I want well-rounded kids to play for me. They are also far less likely to burn out.

You understand it, as long as that kid is a difference maker and helps you win. Will you play the kid that never misses a practice or game over her? Yeah, didn't think so.

Does Lax Fall Ball in college have any bearing on standings or rankings? No, its a scrimmage. Same for soccer in spring for college. You're analogy is a poor one.

Or you make it clear from the beginning that fall sports come first and missing practice for that fall sport is understood. And yes. I do play the others. All but 2 kids on my club team play a fall sport. They also understand that come spring/summer, lacrosse must come first. They also don't miss nearly as much time as people seem to think.

It's also pretty clear that those in college played both sports in club in youth/HS and faced these same conundrums with missing practices/games/tournaments. But apparently you are too dense to understand that point.