Originally Posted by Anonymous
8th grade lax, time to start prioritizing if you are on the #1 team in country. That's just me though. If you play on a top-5 soccer team in country, prioritize that.

Why do you care if they play multiple sports and miss because of this? And what does it matter if they are on the #1 or #50 team. The player likes two sports, most likely three, not of your business. College coaches prefer multi-sport athletes. Girls who concentrate on one sport end up getting injured more anyways. And please don't say because the team struggles as a whole because they miss and not fair to team. I'm sure you care, because the soccer/lacrosse player tends to be the better player on the team anyways. Let these girls enjoy two sports they happen to love and makes them better athletes as a whole. Not your daughter, not your decision what they choose. Let the coach make the decision not to start the player that misses, etc. or find a team that understands the desires of multi-sport athletes. The funny thing about prioritizing a multi-sport athlete by 8th grade is they will be in high school in one year, no longer an issue with missing really.

Best 2 players on DD top 25 HS team, both committed to top 10 college programs, have been 3 sport athletes all through HS. Most on club and HS play at least 1 other sport. You get more well-rounded athletes that way.

You are both confusing the multi-sport athlete with playing on multi-elite teams in all sports. In HS, which is months away for these kids, Top end Club soccer teams play in tournaments in June, Again, can't do both. By all means play three sports in HS, why not. We are talking club sports though.

Field Hockey has big tournaments in June this summer. How can you do both? You can't. That's my point.