Originally Posted by Anonymous
2028 parent. Expensive, but not that bad at all at the 2028 level. Would benefit from a few more hours of instruction, and better recruiting from top 20 club teams. From my perspective, the 2028s that came--55 or so players--seemed to really enjoy it and seemed like a group that was serious about improving their game. Even lopsided games were played wire to wire and the girls worked hard. Goalies were great. We would do it again.

The "Apex All Stars" were posted after the event...for the 2028 age group there were: 4 from 3d garden state, 2 from Dewlax, 6 from Igloo-Frostbite, 5 from JSS Blue, 3 from Lax on Elite, and 1 each from Philadelphia Freedom, Ultimate LV, and Virginia One. Aside from Jersey Select all of those other teams are ranked below (and some waaaaay below) all of the A and B teams from NGLL in this region. I am glad your daughter had a good time, but it is apparent that this event is not one that is worth the $ for any player who plays in the NGLL. That might change over the years as it gets closer to recruiting, but with all the new events popping up, it seems like everything is getting watered down and it will be tough to figure out which ones are worth it moving forward.

Agree, it can be difficult to discern which are going to be worth your money but it seems to me like Apex has a few red flags if you're not blinded by their Instagram marketing. Apex bills themselves as a gathering of "the nations best" talent, but accepts girls based on a very brief Google Form. Seems like that could be a tip off that what they're selling doesn't match reality. (Not that there aren't some good events that are application vs. tryout based, Best In Class is supposed to be a good event, for example, but their application is more thorough and they have a good reputation.) Events like Apex offer girls a good time, but if you're going for anything beyond that at this age, you might end up disappointed.

To your point, at Best In Class 90% (if not more) of the girls get in without applying. They reach out to top 25 clubs and say nominate 5 players. Then they reach out to top 50 clubs and say nominate 3.

You can submit film, but I don't know anyone who applied via the website (at least at the high school level) who actually got in.

That's insane if true. I mean BIC is 88 players. You can't take top 5 from the top 25 clubs lol.