Word to the wise.....tell your son to get good grades and have fun with his club. I have 4 kids in a wide age range....all solid players but I wouldn't say absurdly solid. One is in HS and plays at a good, but not top, northeast boarding school. My next is a 28 and is sniffing around for his landing spot. EVERY coach for my eldest -- and even more so with my 28 (who is 3 years younger) -- asks if you can meet the academic standards. The sport has grown so quickly that the advantage an average student, but elite player has over a high GPA earning/very good player is narrowing. And I expect it to continue to narrow. Why? Because the schools around the DMV and boarding have become so absurdly competitive academically they want both. If your kid is both....you are set...but I would wager the kid walking into Taft or Lawerenceville with a 4.0 and can contribute on the field (and of course pay the tuition) is going to have the advantage over a dominant player who can barely maintain a C+ average.

At the end of the day, lacrosse is a dead end sport for most kids post high school. Use it to your advantage to weasel your way into the best academic schools you can because they do care, but it isn't basketball, hockey or football on the priority scale.

My two cents.