Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn’t Team 91 Roar win the last three Spring Queen of the Island tournaments? So wouldn’t that make them the Queen of the Island tournament winners?
Didn’t they also beat all the top LI teams these past 3 years?

I may not be a “bright one” but it is truly sad that you spend energy what another team is doing.

My team has not faced them yet. I was hoping to play against them this year because my roster has changed a lot and we are now entered in tournaments as an A team. When they don’t defend their title they better also be prepared to drop the “we beat all of Long Island” stuff.

For anyone inquiring about 91 Roar playing in Queen of Long Island, they are not. Seems like it might be a kid asking about it. Don't be discouraged by the replies you get here. It's not abnormal for you to want to face strong competition or to follow teams in the league that you are playing in. The nasty replies that you are getting are just deflections. It's easier for them to say, "You're obsessed with a different team," than "we aren't enrolled in yet another tournament." I can also completely agree with the frustration when you notice that a team is being selective in its competition or lack thereof. But the truth is that there are only two or three Long Island teams that would not be a royal pain in the neck for 91 to play against in QofLi and come out ahead. 91's rating compared to YJA would make a single point victory advance them in rankings, compared to Top Guns they'd need two points. All other Long Island teams would require a pretty big blowout for them to move up rather than move down in rankings/rating. Yellow Jackets is faced with the same situation and I'm actually a bit shocked that they are enrolled in QofLi because of this. Tradition and YJNassau have supposedly dissolved. This is actually not good for anyone on Long Island who is looking to advance in their rankings in local tournaments.

This is so ridiculously dense. There are reasons teams may not play in 1 tourney or another- there is 0 chance these teams are analyzing the rankings like that. ZERO

+1 for they do. there’s actually 100% chance that everyone in the top 10 are doing this there’s even evidence and admitting it in our old thread from last year on the last page.