Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Pride will dominate at the LWSC this year. No MD team can hang with them.

That's a bold statement considering Pride lost to the only truly elite MD team that they played last year, Annapolis Hawks. 91 LI Pride is 0-1 against Marylands best.

Yes against Marylands holdbacks they lost but to kids their own age from Maryland in the LWSC? No chance. I know Maryland goes by the motto “if you’re not cheating, you’re not trying” but Long Island doesn’t.

Oh yeah. LI lax is not known for cheating, bonehead screaming parents with Qanon tattoos, or holdback players. None of those can be seen at a S2S, 91, LIE, or Lumberjacks game. This is hilarious. By all means tell us more.

Not sure what big deal is, MD has holdbacks, And many are the best players on their teams. Is everyone a Holdback on MD teams..of course not, But we all know, without our holdbacks or prefirsts many teams would be average at best.

MIAA is loaded with holdbacks who go on to a successful college career. Not a big deal to admit it works for MD and their teams.

To me there's two "big deals" as they pertain to bonehead lax parents.

1) In MD: The classified spy-ops of not admitting their kids are holdbacks until they've comfortably made Varsity in 10th-11th grade. Parents who will say out loud that there's no benefit to holdbacks, but secretly, have held their own kids back.

2) In NY, CT, RI: MA: The whining about MD holdbacks when it's nearly as prevalent in that region.

What I think you'll see in MD over the next 2 years is a decline in pre-firsts, a decline in 6th-grade holdbacks, and no change in 8th grade holdbacks. Think you'll see an uptick in post-grad / Prep / Juco attendance to get average MIAA / IAC players to a better recruiting position at age 19-20 instead of being recruited after sophomore year at age 16.
I agree with the decline in pre-firsts and before 8th grade given the new age verification.