[/quote]

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening. [/quote]

Seriously?

People look to this model??

What model??

The success of the Ward Melville Program has little to do with this model. Ward Melville has been a dominant program for something like 40 years. WM and 3V lax were successful long before anyone associated with the current programs were involved.

People look at the success of "Ward Melville" not at the model. The Model has changed and it has not been for the better.

Do you know what the model is?

I think the Ward Melville High School Program will be successful for many years to come but it will not be because of the current 3V Lax / Patriot Elite program. It will be because of the kids, coaches and families. (yes, the coaches, I think that they are good.) I just do not think that the current state of the 3V Lax / Patriot Elite is good for the kids or the HS program.

Parents in the community are trying to figure out what is best for their kids and they are being pushed from a very young age to follow what is being told to them by a small group of people. Is it not OK to question what is being told to them? Should a parent not question what the 3rd or 4th grade "Parent Coach" tells them regarding their son? Is it not OK to question the 3V Board?

I agree, the "club world" is out of control but until you know what goes on in this town don't say people look to the model. The people are looking to the success that 3V and WM have had over the long hall, not to the current model.

Ward Melville is a very competitive place when it comes to lacrosse, if you want your kid to play at WM I would not narrow the path by which you help him develop as a person, student, athlete or Lacrosse Player. But I would question the power structure in 3V.

The topic being discussed is, "Is it a conflict of interest for HS coaches to coach/own for profit summer club teams?"

Yes